The Merits of Scouting
We want to invite your company to become a Council Merit Badge Sponsor. The Boy Scouts of America offers 130 Merit Badges that allow boys and girls to explore subjects from American Business to Woodwork. By sponsoring a Merit Badge you will be helping the young people of our Council to be prepared to make the ethical and moral choices throughout life as represented by our Scout Oath and Law.
The Golden Gate Area Council’s footprint stretches from Lake to Alameda counties serving over 20,000 youth who are actively pursuing advancements in our council. Our Scouting programs help develop leadership skills, self-reliance, teamwork and citizenship in young people.
Scouting’s advancement programs also provide opportunities for your youth to expand their learning through the merit badge program. Merit badges teach skills to Scouts BSA in essential areas like first aid and nuclear science, which expands a boy’s or girl’s imagination and career aspirations.
Please join us in providing the means to teach these skills to our Scouts.
Eagle Sponsor $5,000 (Eagle Scout required Merit Badges)
Partner Sponsor $2,500 (All other Merit Badges)
- Sponsor of one Merit Badge for a Calendar Year
- A table with recognition at the Council Leadership Breakfast
- Each Scout that earns the Merit Badge receives a thank you letter from the sponsor
- Name included in the Golden Gate Area Council Annual Report
- Banner and one table recognition at the annual Council Dinner
- Logo and Name recognition on Council Website
- Recognition at Council Events
- Banner Recognition at the Council Service Center.
Would you like to assist in teaching these skills to Scouts in the Golden Gate Area Council?
Fill out this The Merits of Scouting form and submit it to the Golden Gate Area Council.