I'll Do It Myself
- Make and use a “Lion bag” and hanger for personal Scouting gear.
- Make a personal care checklist.
- Practice tying shoelaces.
Pick My Path
- Explain that choices have consequences.
- Perform a Good turn for another person.
- Teach a game to another person. This requirement may be accomplished at home or at the outing.
Gizmos and Gadgets
- Explore properties of motion.
- Explore properties of force.
- Use household materials to create a useful object.
On Your Mark
- Participate in a game with your den.
- Participate in an obstacle course relay.
- Participate in a box derby race.
Build It Up, Knock It Down
- Discuss with other Lions things that can be built and things that can be knocked down.
- Discuss with other Lions how they and their fellow Lions can be built up and knocked down, not just physically but also emotionally.
- Build structures using available materials.
Rumble In the Jungle
- Play a game with rules; indicate an understanding of the rules and why it is important to follow the rules while playing the game.
- Choose a jungle animal that you would like to be; describe the animal and why you chose it.
Participate in a parade with the other animals in your den.
Communicate with other animals using your animal’s sounds, both as loudly as you can and as softly as you can.
Ready, Set, Grow
- Visit with an individual who can demonstrate different ways to garden (outside, greenhouse, container, etc.) and the basic skills needed to garden.
- Learn where the food we eat comes from.
- Plant a small container garden.